Travelled recently from UK to India
here are some high level details if it helps anyone.
If travelling from UK , below are pre-requsites. My last destination was Mumbai.
1. RT PCR report anytime within 72 hours of flight time
2. Air suvidha form( also upload RT PCR report to this)
3. UK travel declaration form
4. Hotel confirmation email
It took me about an hour to get out of Mumbai airport.
Over all process is below.
1. Reached airport at Heathrow and check-in was done. At the counter all documents were verified and issued boarding pass.
2. Proceed through regular security and wait at the gate
3. Before boarding temperature check is done and face shield is provided. Middle seat passenger is given PPE kit
4. Before landing a health declaration form is given to be filled on flight, no one checked this.it is still with me.
I was luckily sat close to exit door so below might change if a queue builds up
5. After landing one person checked air suvidha form – 5 mins
6. Regular immigration only passport and boarding pass check and stamp on passport – 5 mins
7. Baggage collection. Took a while for my bag to arrive – 20 mins
8. Regular customs check – 10 mins
9. Hotel quarantine check counter – since my hotel was pre-booked – 10 mins
This can take longer if exemption is required or doing a transit via road. They wrote my hotel name on boarding pass and took my mobile number
10. Exit air port – BMC counter registration – verified boarding pass and took mobile number – 5 mins
11. BEST bus ticket and registration (100 Rs, better to have cash)- this bus only will drop you to hotel – 10 mins